5 topics for one big goal
We are committed to CLIMATE EUTRALITY and support the European Green Deal.
We are part of the solution. Our sustainability program addresses ECOLOGICAL, SOCIAL and SOCIAL requirements.
EXPANSION OF THE FINISHED PRODUCT PORTFOLIO IN THE SENSE
OF RESOURCE EFFICIENCY AND PRODUCT LIFE CYCLES
- We improve how we use resources, from start to finish.
- Our products are more environmentally friendly throughout their entire life cycle.
- Our products last longer.
- We contribute to the security of our society.
EXPANSION OF THE RAW MATERIALS INPUT PORTFOLIO IN THE SENSE
OF THE CIRCULAR ECONOMY
This is done in cooperation with customers, suppliers and industry representatives in order to influence future market expectations and requirements, including recycling rates and the expectations of lenders. The following points must be taken into account in product development and the associated production processes:
- Use more secondary raw materials.
- More in-house production and provision of secondary raw materials.
REDUCTION OF CO2 EMISSIONS
- Reduction of production-related emissions: We minimize process emissions.
- Reducing emissions through energy consumption: We are switching to renewable energy sources such as PV, wind, biomass, heat recovery or waste heat utilization.
- Emission control in the supply chain: supplier management, optimization of transport, extension of useful life and service life, promotion of recycling and material cycles.
OPTIMIZATION OF ENERGY USE
Improving energy efficiency over the entire life cycle:
- Supply chain (taking into account the availability of resources)
- In-house production (progress in manufacturing processes)
- Utilization phase
Increasing energy independence through:
- Own generation and provision of energy
- Cooperation with external energy providers (preferably renewable and regional)
PROMOTION AND DEVELOPMENT OF OUR WORKFORCE
as well as THEIR PROTECTION AND HEALTH
- Training and further education
- Regular needs and skills planning in accordance with the development strategy
- Proactive recruitment and succession planning
- Implementation of attractive retention offers including workplace and time management
- Group-wide occupational health and safety systems as a minimum standard
- Group-wide health promotion measures as a minimum standard
- Best practice and knowledge exchange on occupational health and safety systems and health promotion measures
More facts about sustainability
IS ENERGY SELF-SUFFICIENCY POSSIBLE IN THE CONSTRUCTION INDUSTRY? KIRCHDORFER LAUNCHES PHOTOVOLTAIC OFFENSIVE
Since the Martini Beton GmbH sun tower project in St. Martin im Mühlkreis in 2022, the Kirchdorfer Group’s photovoltaic offensive has been visible […]
The seven-storey business complex towers prominently at the western entrance to Gleisdorf – the new Unit Center, which was literally brought to life […]
The Kirchdorfer Group secured a place on the podium at the prestigious SAP Quality Award 2023, which recognizes companies for their innovative approach […]
The cement plant in Kirchdorf an der Krems is celebrating its 135th anniversary this year and is also seeing a generational change. Plant […]